If you are feeling drained and stress has left you exhausted, you very likely have leaks in your life that are allowing your energy to slip through. Let's identify and fix your energy leaks so you are ready to jump full force into God’s plan for your life, which I’m pretty sure does not include being too tired to make a difference in this world.
If we’ll look for the energy leaks in our life and fix them we can handle things with easy power and carry our responsibilities without a strain. We can learn to live life without wasting an ounce of energy and all our efforts can have maximum results or in the words of the Bible, "everything we put our hands to will prosper". Sound good?
Let’s discover 7 leaks that drain our power or energy...
1) How you think you feel has a definite effect on how you actually feel physically. If your mind tells you that you are tired, your body accepts the fact. A big example of that for me is when the number of daylight hours changes each fall. As it gets darker outside my mind thinks it is later than it really is and if it is so late, it must be almost bedtime and I all of a sudden feel tired. And it’s really only 5:30 pm.
There is actually a lot of good news in knowing this. It tells us that our body can be dominated by our mind. Our body will believe what we tell it. So, why not use this power for good and tell our bodies that we have lots of energy. Tell your body often, “God is renewing my youth like the eagles, right now!”
2) Emotional upheaval drains your power. If you give good care and attention to a well-balanced emotional life, you could conserve a lot of energy. But you leak energy when you allow emotional reactions of a toxic nature such as regret, guilt, unforgiveness, offense, and jealousy, just to name a few. As Christians, we should be a force to be reckoned with when it comes to evil but too many of us as lacking any vital force because we are just too tired to stick with the battle. We’ve worn ourselves out with these emotional upheavals constantly throughout the day.
3) You need to get into the proper tempo of living. Your energy is destroyed because of the high tempo, the abnormal pace at which you go. The conservation of energy depends on getting your personal speed synchronized with God’s movement. Remember, God is in you. If you are going at one rate and God at another, you are tearing yourself apart.
God tells us He’ll show us the unforced rhythms of grace. Listen to Matthew 11:28-30 in The Message Translation. “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”
4) Some people are tired because they aren’t interested in anything. They have no passion in life. Nothing moves them deeply. When you get depressed you often can feel emotionally numb. You get wrapped up in your own little worries, desires, and hates. You wear yourself out stewing around about a lot of inconsequential things. You become sick and tired.
The surest way not to become tired is to lose yourself in something in which you have a profound conviction. Get on fire for something. Pour yourself out and you’ll never lose energy or vitality for life. You lose energy when you are bored. So, get out of yourself. Be somebody. When you are thinking, “Why doesn’t somebody do something about this problem?” Be the somebody! Lose yourself in something bigger than yourself. You’ll have no time to get weighed down by your emotional difficulties.
5) You may be lacking energy from an accumulation of attitudes, fears and guilt that are clogging your energy. The flow of power gradually decreases. You find yourself retreating. You need healing and an emotional breakthrough to get your free flow of energy renewed. I talk more about this in my Stop the Overwhelm mini course and walk you through a coaching exercise on how to get unclogged. You can sign up to take this mini-course for FREE here.
6) The energy leak of not sleeping well makes you tired. Many times when you don’t sleep well it’s because you go to bed with fear on one side of you and guilt on the other. No sleeping pill will work if you don’t get to the deeper levels of your mind where this sleeplessness originates. You must eradicate fear and guilt not medicate it.
7) Our last energy leak is staleness in life. The monotony and unceasing, continuous responsibilities can dull the freshness of life, giving you dry periods. When you are dry you have to exert greater energy to do with difficulty what was once easily done. You may need a break, a sabbatical, a change of scenery to get restored.
Tell me in the comments below which of these leaks you are most excited about identifying and fixing this week.
If you need help identifying your energy leaks or aren't sure how to fix them, let's talk. Click on the image below to schedule a FREE 30-minute stress buster session to talk personally with me.
Watch the video of this blog: https://youtu.be/GWAHcUcIHZc