I renounce the lie that I need to accept this issue (sickness, lack, confusion, fear, worry, condemnation, failure) because…
- I live in a sin fallen world
- I have to wait until heaven for my inheritance
- I'm not good enough
- I haven't done enough
- I'm too weak
- It's too late for me
Truth: None of the above are greater than the the power of the cross that set me free!
I come INTO agreement with God's truth, RECKONING myself as living a stress free, joyful life.
- I trust in Christ’s finished work on Calvary. "For if because of one man’s trespass (lapse, offense) death reigned through that one, much more surely will those who receive [God’s] overflowing grace (unmerited favor) and the free gift of righteousness [putting them into right standing with Himself] reign as kings in life through the one Man Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One)." Romans 5:17 AMPC
- I gaze upon the vision of what I can do when I'm not so consumed with my own stressful life. Abraham, the Father of Faith was fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform. How did he become fully assured? He reached that victory by not looking at the problem or the facts in the natural but by looking at the stars in the sky that were a visual image for him to meditate on to represent his descendants that were promsed. (Genesis 15:5) God also had him call himself Abraham not Abram, so every time he would hear his name he could envision himself as the father of many nations / as having he promise. (See Genesis 17:5 and Rom 4:19-24).
- I reckon this promise to be so: I walk in freedom from stress the same way I walk free of sin. Consider - Decide - Purpose - Look upon yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus (Rom. 6:11). I reckon myself dead to a life of stress, worry and fear and given freedom, joy, peace and rest as my inheritance. (Matthew 11:28-30)
- I speak God's promise: Whoever says to this mountain, Be taken up and cast into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is going to happen, it will be granted him.... All things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you (Mk. 1:22-24).
- I forgive/love: I speak loving, peaceful, joyful words of life to myself and others. (Galatians 5:6).
- I see ONE single vision - The kingdom of God advancing in my life! "I don’t depend on my own strength to accomplish this; however I do have one compelling focus: I forget all of the past as I fasten my heart to the future instead. I run straight for the divine invitation of reaching the heavenly goal and gaining the victory-prize through the anointing of Jesus. So let all who are fully mature have this same passion, and if anyone is not yet gripped by these desires, God will reveal it to them. And let us all advance together to reach this victory-prize, following one path with one passion. (Philippians 5:13-16 TPT).
Praise breaks open the doors which imprison me! (Acts 16:25-26). Praise does that by giving you God's perspective, reminding you of God's victory and taking your eyes off of your weakness and inability.
- My peace and joy remain as my mind continues to believe that is what I should expect out of kingdom life. (Romans 14:17) Therefore I choose to live in this revelation.
- Father, what lies have I been believing?
- What is your truth that I must replace this lie with?
- What have I not fully understood about Jesus' finished work on the cross?
- What instructions would You have me follow to live a life of freedom from stress? For example: Maybe God will show you a person that you need to forgive, an activity you need to stop, a practice you need to start, a particular book of the Bible to read, a verse to memorize, a hobby to go back to, a friend to spend less time with, a group to join.
In fact, if you are looking for a group of like-minded people who are living to see Jesus' victory manifested in their everyday lives, join The Stress Buster Coach Facebook group to get encouragement, inspiration and more stress-buster truths.